Saturday, June 15, 2024

NCBA Bank now offering Laptop Financing to University Students In Kenya in these Instituitions

- Advertisement -

NCBA and Dedan Kimathi University of Technology have announced a new partnership aimed at enhancing e-learning for students.

Through this partnership, NCBA will provide affordable laptop financing to students at affordable interest rates to ensure they have access to high-quality laptops for their studies.

The loan facility will be payable directly through the students’ school fees and will have a repayment period of upto 24 months, or 8 termly installments.

The students will be required to finance 20 percent of the total cost of the laptop, while NCBA will finance the remaining 80 percent.

Speaking during the laptop handover ceremony, NCBA’s Group Director of Retail Banking, Tirus Mwithiga, noted that the initiative would allow students embrace technology at an affordable price.

“This initiative aims to enhance the quality of education by equipping students with the necessary tools to succeed in their academic journey,” he said.

Funhalouro, in Mozambique:The tablet computer pulled by donkey

“Students will also be able to improve their digital skills that will enhance their competitiveness as they seek to participate in the digital economy after school.”

Also present at the event was the University’s Vice Chancellor Ndirangu Kioni who said that the cost of good quality laptops for student use remained a significant barrier to accessing quality education.

He noted that the university was actively seeking ways to make learning cheaper and more accessible to its students.

“The initiative by NCBA and Dedan Kimathi University of Science and Technology is an excellent example of a public-private partnership that addresses critical challenges in the education sector,” Kioni said.

“The collaboration is an opportunity for financial institutions to contribute to the development of the country by investing in education. It also presents an opportunity for educational institutions to leverage the expertise and resources of the private sector to enhance the quality of education.” he added.

Maryvine Moraa
Maryvine Moraa
MBA, Business Administration & Accounting. A Passionate IT Enthusiast.

Related Articles

Stay Connected

1,208FansLike
144FollowersFollow
440FollowersFollow
191SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles